Saturday, May 7, 2011

Near Disaster

This is what the first couple of pancakes looked like when I tried a new recipe, again from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook.
After a few tense and frustrating minutes and about three failures (which was like, half my batter!!!) I decided to start fresh by switching pans. I typically cook the breakfast meat (sausage or bacon) first, and then use the same pan (after pouring off the grease) to cook the rest of the meal in. But it definitely wasn't working on this day! The new pan and a lower temp seemed to do the trick.
This recipe is simply called, "Pancakes," and contains a sweet potato puree in it. They came out pretty good! Although I will admit that I haven't made them again yet, but we have had the french toast several times since trying it in March! Yum!

Someone loves fruit so much, he kept sneaking it before we sat down to eat together! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment! Please help me protect my children by not using their real names or locations.