Saturday, May 28, 2011

It's Not Easy Being Green


I want to go green...I really do. I bought six of these lovely bags with the full intention of using them EVERY time I went to the grocery store. No exceptions. It's what responsible people do, right? 

Well, yeah. And then there's reality. Maybe other people are really good at using their reusable grocery bags. They must be - I've seen them with them at the check-out stand. But I am, well, terrible at it. I never remember to grab them until I'm already at the store. I tried putting them in my car to help me remember - but still no luck. Or I'd think of them, but be driving the other car. The one without bags. 

Maybe it counts for something that at least one bag serves as our container to collect stuff to be recycled??? 

Last week I rearranged some things in the kitchen, and decided to hang the bags up. Now they are right beneath the car keys - there should be no problem remembering now! 

Ahem. Well, unless you're me!! ;-) So far I'm 1/1. But we'll see how it goes. Maybe there's still hope for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment! Please help me protect my children by not using their real names or locations.