Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where to Start?!? Welcome to my blog...

My life has gone a little crazy of late - and I'm on the hunt for peace.  Maybe this is not unique, but I love to look at cookbooks.  I even have a pretty good collection of books and magazines filled with what I am sure are all kinds of tasty things to eat hanging out on my kitchen counter!  Unfortunately, I am not the best when it comes to actually planning and carrying out meals...but as I was in the bookstore the other day (okay, it was yesterday!), searching desperately in the "Family" section for something that would help in our current crisis, I eventually put all but one of my selections back and drifted to the cookbook section.  I picked up a book, "Southern Living - comfort food a delicious trip down memory lane" and started to read, and it had me in tears.  That's when I got the idea for this blog.  
So here I am.  I want to try and make sense of my world as I work to become a better cook.  I want to show my family how much I love them from the food that they eat on a daily basis.  I want to redeem myself and my children from whatever mistakes we may have made along our journey through life, if that's possible.  Right now I don't have any specifics or timelines.  Maybe that will come as I go along.  For now I just know that I need to do something to try and get through this craziness.  
So here it is.  My experiment.  Can time spent in my kitchen cooking (or attempting to cook) good food help me and my family weather this storm?  Can I find the peace I am searching for as a mother, wife and independent woman, each in their own right?  I'll let you know!  Welcome, enjoy, and please be kind.  

3 comments:

  1. When bad things happen to me, as they do to all of us, I try to put in into a bigger picture perspective so that I can see that things may seem horrible right now, but with time they will get better. The good I see in this is, 1) It is no longer happening 2) both individuals are getting help 3) because of the Savior and this probationary time on earth, all can overcome, be made well and enjoy exaltation. Because you are holding onto your testimony your are contributing to the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those are definitely the positives of the situation. It does help to hear it though! Thank-you for helping me find the silver lining. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn,
    I'm not sure where your comment went! Blogger was down for a while, and when it came back up your comment and my reply were gone. So I just wanted to say thank-you for your support and perspective on finding the positives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment! Please help me protect my children by not using their real names or locations.